Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
1. How do I log into the system?
The INawards online application system is separate from the IIDANPC website. If you submitted a project since 2019, you are in luck! Your profile/login still exists. If you are new to the system, simply create a new login/password. If you would like to access a former employee's profile, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Can I make a test submission, or download a printable copy of the form?
Of course! You can download a PDF of the application questions and requirements by clicking HERE . Please note that all submissions must be submitted via the online application system by 11:59 p.m. October 8th, 2021. Submissions sent by any other means will not be accepted.
3. Do I have to be an IIDA NPC member to submit a project or product?
Non-members can submit any project for your organization. To qualify for the member rate a member of your team must be an IIDA, AIA or ASID member. Their member number must be included in the application.
The primary team and the firm must be located within the boundaries of the IIDA NPC chapter (Alaska, Idaho, Washington, Alberta, and British Columbia). Projects may be located anywhere.
4. Is there a limit to how many projects I can submit?
There is no limit on how many projects an organization can submit; however, a project can only be submitted in one category.
5. Can I submit a project that has been previously submitted?
Any project that has been submitted in previous INawards may be submitted again as long as it still meets the qualifications. Projects must be completed after January 2019.
6. Do I need to submit professional photos for the submittal?
Photos of the winning projects appear on the IIDA NPC website and social media, and at the event. Give us your best project photos from the start, and don't forget, a photographer's photo release is required.
7. What if I don't know which category to submit the nomination under?
Just pick the best category that applies to your nomination. Please contact email@example.com with questions about how to categorize your project. IIDA NPC reserves the right to reassign nomination award categories and create new ones.
8. Will there be in-person presentations this year?
Yes. The event will be held at the Embassy Suites, Seattle, Wa in Pioneer Square on Monday, November 8th. Virtual viewing options will be provided as well, specifics are still in the works and more information will follow.
9. How to I get my complimentary ticket to the event?
After submissions have closed an email will be distributed to all of the applicants with a coupon code that will allow you to obtain your complimentary ticket to attend the award ceremony via Eventbrite. The application contact can designate that ticket to someone else to be the recipient.
10. How do I apply for the INshow, INregion and People's Choice categories?
These categories are in addition to the primary categories (i.e. INhome, INpublic, etc.). Submissions could potentially win in their primary category as well as one of these categories.
- INshow - Recognizes a project that stands out above all others in all categories.
- INregion - Recognizes a project by a firm outside of the greater Puget Sound area, within the Northern Pacific Chapter. Submissions entered into this category will be determined by IIDA NPC based on the company address.
- People's Choice – Recognizes a project from any category voted best by the general public during the People's Choice voting time. All projects will automatically be included in this judging.
11. What are the Distinction Accolades?
This year INawards is piloting multiple Distinction Accolades. These are opportunities to highlight unique and special aspects of a project that stand out. For each project application you will have the option to select and provide a brief description for Sustainability + Well-being, Budget or Relevancy. These are entirely optional and not required for entry. Please only provide if they are relevant to your project. These will not receive a separate award, but will be acknowledged at the awards event. A brief description of each of these Distinction Accolates are:
- Sustainability and Well-being - How had your project address sustainability, climate change, or user well-being in the design and construction of the project?
- Budget - How your project overcame out of the ordinary budget constraints or obstacles and how did that impact or ultimately enhance the overall design?
- Relevancy - How does your project address relevant challenges to our current times (i.e. COVID, DEI, BLM, Unhoused persons)?
12. What is the Early Bird fee?
The early bird gets the worm and the discounts. Just by signing up and paying your entry fee prior to September 10th, 2021, you will receive the discounted submission price of $250 per entry. We also suggest that you get your full entry uploaded early as well.